Old 28-02-2009, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Bell Michael Bell is offline

Default mares/horse tail

In message
Ted wrote:

Just taken over an allotment thats is completely choked with the weed...
My idea is to plant in raised beds which I will dig out to about a
foot deep then put some weed suppressant down then backfill with the riddled
soil that I have dug out...Anyone tell me if this weed suppressant fabric
will keep the mares tail at bay or does it have the power to grow through

I had a garden with a lot of horsetail in it. I sprayed it with
"Tumbleweed" whenever it came up and after about a year, I had largely
got rid of it. As with all weed problems, persistence pays.

Michael Bell