Old 03-03-2009, 03:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Sharpening Mulching Blade

"Fleemo" wrote in message
I'd like to keep my mulching mower blade sharp over the mowing season,
though as I understand it, the extra ridges make it more difficult to
sharpen. (Last season I took one to a mower shop and it came back
duller than it went in.) Would one of those hand-held sharpeners like
the one pictured at the link below be effective on a mulching blade?
http://tinyurl.com/aku75q

For an electric mower with less power, you're more likely to notice a
dulling blade than the gas powered mower while operating. The weblink is
for an electric mower. If you catch the blade early enough, the tool may be
adequate. Otherwise, a bench grinder is the best and quickest solution for
sharpening a blade.

They do make blade sharpening tools for drills. They are cumbersome to use
as you move the tool against the blade in a vice vs moving the blade against
a bench grinding wheel.
--
Dave

CDOs are how we got here.
A modified version, new taxes in the future, is how Congress will get us
out?