Old 03-03-2009, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Back yard garden

"denn" wrote in message

Hello. I own a Front garden terraced house with rear yard. The yard has
its sunny places but mostly shaded areas. I have a kitchen extension
which takes up a large amount of space, however, there is plenty room
for other plants in tubs. I have window boxes but we wait until the
bedding out plants come on the scene before using those. I would like
some ideas as to what plants I need, we have an arch which I would like
to cover with a climbing plant, any ideas on which climbing plants?. I
also would like to know if Japonica would be an ideal plant for follage
etc.

Clematis are noted for liking "their feet in the shade and their heads in
the sun", so would probably do well there. Also ferns would be good.

Steve