Old 03-03-2009, 06:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
ReelMcKoi ReelMcKoi is offline

Default Water Lilies

"Al Schmidt" wrote in message
I have a half acre pond. It is average 3-4 ft deep. max is 8 ft. I have
owned this property for two years and am just getting comfortable with
taking care of a pond. There are bluegill and bass in the pond. I want t

add some water plants. The pond is clear of surface vegetation now, Can

add water lilies and not have then take over the pond? Also any pointers

links or pond books for this size & type of pond appreciated.

Al S

===================If it's a dirt bottom pond adding water lilies can be a mistake unless yo
keep them in large submerged tubs like those blue and green $10 kiddy poo
ls
sold all over. But you would have to make sure they don't sneak out over
the edges and root into the bottom. Submerge the pools where the water i
about 3' deep.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.