Old 04-03-2009, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Pea pods in April

On 4/3/09 15:27, in article lid, "Stewart Robert
Hinsley" wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
On 4/3/09 14:18, in article , "David
in Normandy" wrote:

Sacha wrote:
I've received an email from a tv researcher for a children's programme,
asking if we can point her at a source of fully grown pea plants with pods
on for early April! Anybody got any ideas?!

Australia?

That was pretty much our reaction.

Possibly Kenya. (April might be too late in the season to get them from
Australia.) Another possibility might be someone growing them under
glass to get an early crop (Egypt? Cyprus? Spain?) or a research group
growing them under artificial conditions so that they continue their
work all twelve months of the year.

That's a thought. Thanet Earth, perhaps! Thanks everyone, I'll pass this
on, except perhaps, the Night Garden. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com