Old 04-03-2009, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A Newbie with lots of question about allotment!

In message , Aries
writes
On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 18:42:41 -0000, Bob Hobden wrote:

e.g. One young couple I know very well got a plot last year (unfortunately
miles away from me) and the husband cleared the plot and planted stuff only
to find to his surprise and annoyance weeds germinated. He thought if he
cleared the weeds then that was it for the year.

I remember my father saying, one year's weed, seven years seeds!

Traditionally, one year's seeding, seven years weeding.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley