Old 05-03-2009, 11:04 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
I've Googled for pics and I'm not sure it is wild garlic. I saw biggish
plants with wide flat leaves and white star flowers.
The plant is more like snowdrop size, with a white snowdrop size flower
and has a very strong garlic smell. It is growing like a carpet in an
adjacent wooded area.

The bulbs are comparable to snowdrops but probably smaller.
It grows a lot faster and is more promiscous (?) than snowdrops and seems
to like my lawn.
Check out Allium paradoxum, or few-flowered leek, an invasive weed.

My parents have an incredibly invasive small onion weed in their Somerset garden, I suspect this is the thing.