Old 12-04-2003, 06:32 AM
Lou Minatti

Default Gardenia leaves turning yellow

wrote in message ...
Is there any special treatment that I should be giving my gardenia.
The leaves are turning yellow. The flower buds were on the plant when
I bought it a month ago and they are still tightly closed and the
small "petals" around the bud are turning yellow.

I'm just about at the point where I think gardenias are a crap shoot.
I've followed the advice here and at numerous Web sites. It seems to
me that gardenias are extremely picky - if you plant one and it does
well, if you buy another from the same source and plant it in the same
conditions it probably won't do well, nurturing be damned.

The ones that I have that do well do FANTASTICALLY well. The others?
They just kinda croak. Too bad. Successful gardenias are the most
wonderful shrubs God has invented.