Old 12-04-2003, 06:56 AM
Timothy

Default how to secure timbers for playground

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:21:16 -0500, Carlton Clay wrote:

Can anyone help here-- how would you go about securing landscape timbers
around a playground (or anywhere) so that they STAY DOWN and cannot be
easily moved.

Well depending the type of use, it depends. I've used 6x6x8 foot timbers
that were placed 2 inches in the ground and back filled. I took a 1/2
paddle bit and drilled a hole 2 feet. Then I pounded 18 inch long re-bar
through the holes. Might seem a bit over board, but it was for a daycare
client and it had to last.
--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com