Old 05-03-2009, 09:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R Bill R is offline

Default Fertilizer ratio

brooklyn1 wrote:

That's a very small bag of peat moss, I'd not concern myself. I think you
should plant your first crops without adding any fertilizer, that way you'll
know the results, it may well be that you don't need to ever add
fertilizer... if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I totally disagree with you about not adding any fertilizer. ALL crops
require a lot of food and even if your soil is very good the proper
amount of fertilizer (as recommended after a soil test) is HIGHLY
recommended. Yes, the OP could get by without adding any but my bet is
that he would not get anywhere near the crop that he will get by using it.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL