Old 05-03-2009, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default house plant

"may" wrote

not sure if there is a houseplant section but thought i would show off
my house plant , it is an azalea and it is bi-coloured . and at the
momment it is full of blooms .

Very nice May, I wouldn't call an evergreen azalea a houseplant though, we
had one in our garden for decades before a very hot dry summer killed it.

See.... for example.
http://www.himalayangarden.com/e_azaleas.html

I doubt it will live permanently indoors so you would be better off finding
it a suitable spot in your garden. Light dappled shade (from the midday sun)
and moist neutral to acid soil. Not until the summer has come and the cold
weather has gone though or it will suffer with thermal shock. It also
prefers rain water to hard tap water.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden