Old 06-03-2009, 12:16 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Manure as fertilizer ...................

"FarmI" wrote

I read something about the difference between cow and bull poop once.
Apparently cow poop is 'richer' (for want of a better description) than
bull poop because of the differing physiology of the animals. Cows can
pee right onto their plop, whereas bulls/steers can't. Made sense to me
having watched then doing their business quite often - only trouble is, I
can't recall now what ingredient it was in the cow poop that made it
'richer' but it would make sense if it was more ammonia maybe. and how
do people likeyou and I segregate our poops. Do I go round asking the
bulls/steers to put tags on their poops or to only poop in a particular
spot?

You can always give it a little taste. LOL