Old 06-03-2009, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Duck weed and frogs

Kate Brown wrote:
On Fri, 6 Mar 2009, Bob Hobden wrote

"Sacha" wrote
Any chance that frogs and/or tadpoles eat duckweed?!

It's taken me years to get rid of the stuff on our pond, had to buy a
skimmer (Oase SwimSkim) in the end and that has worked so far. Never
seen any of our fish eat it, indeed when they gulp down a mouthful
of pellets and accidentally get some Duckweed too they spit it out.
Maybe it's not carp that eat it.

Well it's not frogs either, or water snails, both of which are
plentiful in our tiny pond in France. I even saw a water snake
basking in it, resting on a cushion of duckweed. I wish I could find
something that would eat it - what fish might?

Koi and Grass Carp
--
Pete C
London UK