Old 07-03-2009, 03:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Geraniums odor

Anyone else think geraniums have a disgusting smell? Maybe not as
bad as a flowering carrion plant, but nauseating. I've got some that
were over-wintered in the garage, still in last year's pots, but the
odor is keeping me from potting them up in fresh potting mix. I was
partly hoping the stinking plants would die, but they are sprouting
new growth. I can't get anyone to pot them up for me, so if I can
not find a way to reduce the odor (while potting them up) they will be
on the way to be composted.