Old 07-03-2009, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Lemon Plant loosing leaves

The message
from K contains these words:
Stephen Wolstenholme writes

I've grown a few lemon plants from pips. They never produce any fruit.
Even after many years. The ones that we see for sale that are already
in fruit are grafted. All you will get from pips is a plant about three
foot high with quite nice shiny leaves.

which are lemon scented so you can use them in cooking?

Yes, but I have seen it alleged that this quality disappears when the
tree starts to bear fruit.

I shall have to have a munch when the one I've ordered arrives.

--
Rusty