Old 07-03-2009, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Dave is offline

Default Lemon Plant loosing leaves

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
. uk...
The message
from Stephen Wolstenholme contains these
words:

I've grown a few lemon plants from pips. They never produce any fruit.
Even after many years. The ones that we see for sale that are already
in fruit are grafted. All you will get from pips is a plant about
three foot high with quite nice shiny leaves.

You need to wait twenty or thirty years for one to fruit if it's grown
from a pip.

Perhaps I'll have a need for more than one lemon per year when I'm in my
forties or fifties & the lemon tree starts fruiting.

While we're at it... I planted a couple of Pink Lady apple seeds at the same
time as the lemon seeds - how many years/decades until they start fruiting?