Old 08-03-2009, 05:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default sterilizing clay..?

I soak my clay pots in bleach & water for a day, scrub them & then soak
again in
plain water. I sun dry them as well.
Cheers Wendy
wrote in message
someone please remind me how to sterilize clay pots? i have a honkin'
huge antelope type den that has CyMV; a bunch of its leaves (even
recent ones) are turning yellow all of a sudden and it may not be long
for this world. if it croaks, it and its pot are getting tossed, of
course, but it's been sitting in a larger clay pot for balance, and
i'd rather not toss that one too. i won't ever use it for orchids,
but i'd like to be able to put the dutchmen's pipes or a lantana in
it--i seem to recall something about soaking in a bleach solution or
baking in the oven...? thx..

--j_a