Old 08-03-2009, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Duck weed and frogs

On 8/3/09 10:26, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 10:11:36 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 7/3/09 23:41, in article
,
"Rusty_Hinge" wrote:

snip

Bleach in your pond paraphernalia will kill a hell of a lot more than
duckweed - and it's not certain that it will kill all the duckweed,
anyway, unless you really go over the top with it.

I certainly can't use bleach because of all the other 'stuff' living in the
pond, including some desirable plants.

The general idea was to empty the pond first )

OK that isn't practical either, so you are DOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMED

Aye, Captain Mainwaring! Having said I'd go and sweep up the weed blown to
the side of the pond, I'm in full wimp mode and back in my study, having
daintily arranged a few plants in a Mother's Day display! It's blowing a
hooligan now and the rain is lashing down just to add to our joys.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com