Old 08-03-2009, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Identification if possible please

On Mar 8, 4:33*pm, David in Normandy wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
http://i40.tinypic.com/2qxauly.jpg

This was growing Mounts Botanical Gardens at West Palm Beach and I
thought it was beautiful. *For size comparison see my hand. *Would it
be possible to grow or is it a hot place tree/shrub which maybe could
survive in a heated garden room, which I don't have, yet.

Many thanks

I don't know what it is but it looks nice. Good contrast between the
flowers and the foliage.

--
David in Normandy. *
* *To e-mail you must include the password FROG on the

I thought it was stunning, I don't think I had ever seen a shrub/tree
like that. The Botanical Gardens left a little to be desired so many
plants didn't have identification including this one of a Basil which
I think is a curry Basil but not sure, in fact I didn't know there
were so many Basils to be found. The herb garden was definitely my
favourite and I am hoping to recreatate it here, on a smaller scale
when our builder is free as all the herbs are grown in a raised cubic
bed that one can walk round both inside the cube and outside, it was
lovely. Of course Basil wouldn't do too well here except from about
June to October. The perfumed garden was an absolute let down, if I
closed my eyes, I could smell nothing, only if I held a flower to my
nose could I smell something.

http://i39.tinypic.com/dxyfeh.jpg

Judith