Old 08-03-2009, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Identification if possible please

On Mar 8, 4:37*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 8/3/09 16:25, in article
, "Judith

in France" wrote:
http://i40.tinypic.com/2qxauly.jpg

This was growing Mounts Botanical Gardens at West Palm Beach and I
thought it was beautiful. *For size comparison see my hand. *Would it
be possible to grow or is it a hot place tree/shrub which maybe could
survive in a heated garden room, which I don't have, yet.

Many thanks

Could be a Cestrum, possibly fasciculatum Newellii. *If it is, it wouldn't
be hardy with you, so you'd have to grow it in a pot. *Even then, it might
not get to that size of leaf and flower cluster in your garden but it's
still a lovely thing and worth growing. *Cestrum nocturnum is another
stunner in a sunny garden because it releases a fabulous scent at night.

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

If I grew it in a large pot, one like my Oleander grows in, I posted a
pic of that last year, do you think it would survive an unheated
drawing room in Winter?

Judith