Old 08-03-2009, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lemon Plant loosing leaves

On Mar 6, 9:59*am, "Donna UK" wrote:
Hi All

I have had a lemon plant for a year and it has been growing fine until we
havehad this cold snap. *I have it in the house close to a window on a
table and as of late it has been loosing leaves *Now I must admit that it
is not exactly warm in the house but its the warmest place I can keep it.

Any advice? *I am hoping that once the weather warms up it will start to
regrow it leaves again...

Donna

I tried at our last house to grow both oranges and lemons in a garden
room, first I had to fight the dreaded wooly aphid, which I did and
then abscision took over and one by one, I lost all leaves. I read up
as much as I could on it and asked some friends who worked at John
Innes, they said it was caused by the production of abscisis acid but
that didn't really help me. My husband wrote a paper on abscisis acid
in membranes but even he could not save my plants.

Sorry I can't be of any further help but at least now you know why it
happens and if you find out how to stop it, do let me know as I would
like a cirtus tree.

Judith