Old 08-03-2009, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Identification if possible please

On 8/3/09 22:42, in article
, "Judith
in France" wrote:

On Mar 8, 6:00*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 8/3/09 17:47, in article
, "Judith

in France" wrote:
On Mar 8, 5:41*pm, DaveP wrote:
It is Clerodendron quadriloculare aka 'Starburst/Shooting Star
Clerodendron', which is widely grown in the warmer parts of the US.
It's a very handsome thing, needing very bright conditions to do well
and it's a fast grower needing plenty or root room so it's not ideal
as a 'pot plant'.

Bless you Dave, I just did a Google and came up with the same thing,
it's nice to know when an expert's view accords with mine, it doesn't
happen often! *I wonder if I could grow it in a planting bed in a
heated garden room or conservatory?

Judith

He's a minor botanical miracle. *Or maybe that should be a major one!
David, I'd like to know where to find it?
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Our Dave is a major botanical man. I found it in "Ann's Tropics".
Sorry, I forget the url, just type in Ann's do dah.

Judith

Ah, sorry. I meant to buy it. It would do very well in one of our
greenhouses in which things are actually planted. David's knowledge is
encyclopaedic and his memory for plant names is awesome!