Old 12-04-2003, 09:56 AM
Jayne

Default Wild birds

We live in the country so lots of mice here - when we moved into this house
a year ago the house & garage had many mousy residents too - there were even
droppings in the kitchen cupboards & airing cupboard (how the previous
owners lived like this I have no idea!). We live near a farm which keeps
free range chickens, so I'm sure the mice grow fat on the chicken feed.
Our previously "towny" cats took to country life very quickly & were soon
presenting us with 5 or 6 mice a day. We are now mouse free & they only
catch the occassional one - definitely more environmently friendly pest
control that putting down poison.

"Bigjon" wrote in message
I agree, 100%. Having been forced to live on the edge of a notoriously
badly designed and run council estate, we were overrun with mice and rats
at first. Our cats are a godsend, and keep them at bay. Without them, we
would be suffering who knows what damage and disease ( that is not to say

agree with killing mice and rats, but they are part of the felines natural
prey ). The damage a few mice & rats can do in a small garden is
unimaginable unless you have seen it.... We now live with a garden that

has
a six foot fence all around it, and it's heaven - we can shut out the rest
of the world and relax in peace thanks to our felines !