Old 08-03-2009, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Lemon Plant loosing leaves

The message
from Sacha contains these words:
On 8/3/09 17:00, in article
, "Judith
in France" wrote:
On Mar 8, 2:59*pm, "Dave" wrote:
"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message

snip

You call that an addiction already?

Stop trolling & grow up

Hey Dave, Rusty is our well respected poster, he is part of who we
are, urg, he doesn't and wouldn't troll. He has a sense of humour,
don't you often natter over the garden fence with your neighbours and
share a joke, a smile, I do, I wish Rusty was my neighbour.

Judith

Well, I *did* until I read the bit about shooting rooks. We're very fond of
'our' rooks! ;-)

I'd rather do a regular limited cull of fledgelings with a good air
rifle than watch the owner missing and/or wounding scores of adult
rooks.

I like rooks too, but they have their drawbacks where farm livestock and
arable crops are concerened. They are positively good for some crops,
generally neutral for others, but can be really harmful to some
germinating seeds.

So, if I can bag a number every year and keep the rookery in equilibrium
so it doesn't provoke the farmer into an irregular spat of flying
feathers, I count that as
a) ethical
b) pie
c) ethical pie