Old 09-03-2009, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Identification if possible please

In article ,
Martin wrote:
On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 15:49:41 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France
wrote:

Now, to
keep on topic, this is such a cold area but I notice friends have
vines, the local wine that I like is St. Pourcain , I might just have
a go at putting in just two vines and see what happens any advice from
anyone would be welcome I wonder if Emerys or David in Normandy have
vines?

We have vines and have had very hard frosts & cold winters since I
planted the first one, which is 36 years old this year.

Vines don't give a damn about cold - what they need for production
is a hot a summer and sunny autumn.

They aren't Mediterranean plants, but originate in somewhere like
Asia minor, eastern Europe and central Asia. And, especially up
in those mountains, it gets COLD.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.