Old 09-03-2009, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Tips

In message , Sheila
writes

"Gopher" wrote in message
For my sins I have been landed with the production of monthly topical tips
for our local gardening club.

Snip

Please excuse this arrant plea for help but I feel certain that the
subscribers to this group is awash with such quirky tips - and I'd really
welcome some help.

Many thanks!

I sit here with my "Old wives lore of the Garden" at your beck and call!
non of these tips are mine, purely from the book!

And a wondrous tome it must be! I know that the garlic/rosebush scenario
came from there and was only recently posted. So - how to I gain access
to its secrets? I see it's available from Amazon .... used copies at the
rip off price of 1p! But before I make this significant investment, may
I ask how it's laid out. By month, by plant type, by problem or is it
randomly based? And how do I go about becking and calling? It sounds
intriguing;-))

--
Gopher .... I know my place!