Old 10-03-2009, 02:43 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Is 'swimbladder disorder' catching ?

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 13:47:42 EDT, Pond Addict
wrote:

I have a fish in a similar state, but I figured it was due to
parasites or the like not a swim bladder problem. I was about to
remove the fish, raise the water temp and treat it with salt and maybe
praziquantel.

That would be my recommendation. Swim bladder doesn't usually present
itself as a fish laying on the bottom, but just the opposite, being at the
top and usually upside down.

I'd be interested in advice as well. If this is likely parasitic, does
it make sense to bring the salt level of the Pond up now or should I
wait until it's a bit warmer?

If no salt now a little bit won't hurt. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us