Old 10-03-2009, 08:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sheila Sheila is offline

Default Tips

What and dig up all those dead donkeys?
There is no sign of babies under gooseberry bushes either.

I look for these things. If getting rid of aphids was so easy every garden
wood
be wall to garlic and aphids wouldn't exist in France.
--

Martin

Aha, you said babies, hold on a minute..........(rushes off for book)

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
Puff puff puff, ok, here we are, this is in the section of "planting
dripping under roses.......(only in towns, or Mr Fox will dig up your
rose...... "We once read of a family in France who were said to bury the
bodies of unwanted babies of maidens of the villagery under their vines,
presumably on the same principle, but let it not be said that we actually
advocate this......"