Old 10-03-2009, 01:07 PM posted to aus.gardens
jonno jonno is offline

Default Tomatoes

Tom N wrote:
jonno wrote:

Tom N wrote:

I saw a story in the local paper about a house dripping honey after a
bees nest in the ceiling melted in the heat.

Get this
"The damage was not covered by insurance because it was caused by an
insect rather than an animal."
Arent bees an animal? Of course they are.
Open to further comment...

I'm pretty sure insurance wouldn't cover termite damage, so I wouldn't
expect it to cover bees, wasps, borers etc.

Youre probably correct, but it would seem to me the law would look at it
differently as the issue is "sudden" impact,which is weather, which was
weather related... So the bees weren't the immediate cause. A thin line
to draw on but tenable.