Old 11-03-2009, 02:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] kate@notme.com is offline

Default Zone 6 - what are you doing?

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 18:56:27 -0700 (PDT), MissBliss
wrote:

I'm in update NY and we are being blessed with some mildish weather
these days, tho its the dampness and rain put a chill in the air.
Despite that, I'm jonesing to get outside!

Is anyone else in my situation? anyone actually braving the weather
and getting out there anyway? what kind of things are you doing?

I've been eyeing an overgrown patch of periwinkle and weeds that was
threatening to take over the world last summer. I was thinking with
the ground wet, it might be a good time to hack away at it....

Anyone else?

Middle Tennessee - used to be zone 6. I planted some potatoes
yesterday. Lovely day - temp near 80. I had the tomato seedlings
outside. Today the temp is dropping and tomorrow looks like we'll be
back in the 30's.

The hawthornes are in bloom and the red buds are fixing to as well.
Hyacyths - ambrosia to my nose!

Kate

MissBliss