Old 11-03-2009, 11:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mark mark is offline

Default Well well!

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On Mar 11, 10:20 pm, wrote:
In article ,
Rusty_Hinge wrote:

I can't remember Anglian Water ever having had a hosepipe ban though,
even when the rest of the country was curling-up at the edges, one could
use a hose here.

I can - at least here. They followed that up by the real plan, which
was to ban hosepipes for people who paid a fixed rate.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Nick, you, I and Rusty were with Angian Water, (is it now Lyonnais
d'eau?). I can remember being told by my husband that they had had
spies in the sky?????????????

No, Anglian Water is owned by AWG (Anglian Water Group) which is not French
owned.
We have French Electricity: EDF, and I've a sneaky suspicion that Veolia who
empty the bins are French.

mark