Old 12-03-2009, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Duck weed and frogs

The message
from "DerekW" contains these
words:
"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
. uk...

It seems that the 'evidence' that wildfowl pick up lead pellets was
falsified. The legislation wasn't rescinded, though.

Its funny that because the real evidence was presented about 10? years
earlier when spilt shot was banned for coarse fishing and the evidence
was quite unequivocal shooting shot presented no danger to wild fowl
and that was agreed upon by every body involved in the ban. Like
everything else this bunch of weasels (Brown and co) does they decide
what they are going to do and then bend the facts to suit their
requirements.

Not just this present shower. If you ever took Guns Review, you might
have seen my pome lampooning Hurd and Hogg which I sent them - and they
published as a leader. (Having altered a line so it didn't scan!)

I've had the priviledge
of letting off a few bigger bore blackpowder pieces at gamefairs
and the like, happily the hair has now grown back

Got a percussion 10-bore now, and a flintlock 4-bore under restoration,
as well as a pile of old percussion bits and pieces of more or less
complete lumps - many in need of fettling. There are enough bits to mate
a 20-bore percussion deer rifle barrel and a stock which has a woodcock
barrel on it ATM. With a suitable box, it should be a pleasant little
item.

The Joe Manton caused a bit of a stir at the 1962(?) CLA Game Fair at
Longleat, smoking Single Birds Down the Line...

You going to build an estuary punt to go with the 4 (Fen Cannon stanchion
gun?) Its
a pity really I threw away an old copy of Shooting Times that featured that
boat Jack Hargreaves and Colin Willock built

I've been coveting a one-bore which hangs in an antique shop in Norwich.
The owner has promised it to his son, and it will pass to his grandson,
so it's in good hands.

I did have a gunning punt, but it was a plywood copy and not made with
marine ply, so you didn't want to stand up in it... I have some basic
plans for another...

--
Rusty