Old 12-03-2009, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default ID of exotic flower please

On 12/3/09 17:59, in article , "K"
wrote:

Sacha writes
Does anyone recognise this? It's a shrub, I feel pretty sure and has woody
stems and leaves rather like a Callistemon. But the curly bits on the
flower remind me of Grevillea, though the flower head is probably between 4
and 6" long and is conical. The leaves are a greyish green, narrow and
about 2" long.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2uekw8h.jpg

At first sight it looks like a Banksia

I put that to Ray and he thinks that's a definite 'maybe' I don't really
like them but always think of them as stonking great muscly things - don't
know why, really. Here's another photo which is a bit more helpful, I
think:
http://i41.tinypic.com/2m5zc44.jpg

--
Sacha