Old 13-03-2009, 04:39 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Rabbits [was Tomatoes]

"John Savage" wrote in message

A Malcolm Douglas tv documentary last weekend had him visiting
an aboriginal community living a very basic hunter/gatherer
lifestyle in red desert country. This group are known as "the
lizard people" because of the heavy food reliance they have
traditionally made on the larger tree-climbing lizards.

However, of late there has been a new addition to their menu. Very
sweet and tasty, this delicacy has become their favoured meat and
these folk easily track its footprints in the soft red sand. They
have named this meat "pudee".

Finally someone has found a use for feral cats!!

When I was young, there was a Chinese restaurant in Canberra which had been
there for decades.

It was extremely popular way back then as it was one of the few places then
where a decent feed could be obtained for a moderate price and late into the
night.

It was done for Health offences when cat's heads were found in large
quantities in the bins used by the restaurant. The restaurant continued to
be just as popular after they were done for the cat's heads as it had been
before. I strongly suspect I too might have eaten cat.