Old 13-03-2009, 07:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Spikey Thorny Climber Sought !

respec24 wrote:
I'm searching for a tough, hardy, evergreen climber to protect from
burglars an exposed easily climbed front wall in the UK. Ideally with
huge spikes, local garden centres only have 'firethorn' with prehaps 1
or 2cm spikes but I have seen in the past somewhere a plant with 3 or
4cm plus evil spikes !?
Please help !
Pete

Wickedly thorny and tough and limbs anything. Big downside is that, if you
once let it get out of control, you may not be able to keep in in check.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smilax_rotundifolia

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]