Old 14-03-2009, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Growing ginger

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 23:14:07 -0000, "mark"
wrote:

Now that I'm rediscovering gardening after many years of not being
particularly bothered, I'm keen to get going. Finding myself in Tescos
looking at a box of loose ginger tubers I bought a couple of them with a
view to growing them. I only went in for bread and milk.

Is it a viable proposition?

Will they grow if I treat them nicely?

Will I get more tubers than I started with?

Will I get an attractive plant?

Your advice sought please.

mark

To grow well ginger needs warmth, light and humidity as in the
tropics. If you can arrange those conditions you can grow ginger. If
we have a good Summer you won't have any trouble unless the humidity
drops too low.