Old 14-03-2009, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
DaveP DaveP is offline

Default ID of exotic flower please

I wrote:

Did you by any chance recognise the other Grevillea I posted a link to,
David? *This is one we saw in NZ.

Tried to view it, but it wouldn't load up. *Howabout sending it in an
attachment to my comptech addy?

Hah, managed to get it to load. Difficult to say Sacha - can't make
out much detail because the flowers are past their best. Since New
Zealand does not have any native species your pic would be of either
an 'escape' or a cultivated form. The foliage is almost identical to
the very popular 'Robin Gordon', which I grew here for a short while,
but the spike is old with seed pods just developing. I'll take a stab
and say 95% 'Robin Gordon' - that should encourage our Oz friends to
put me right :-)