Old 14-03-2009, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Tomato variety for hanging baskets?

The message
from Stephen Wolstenholme contains these words:
On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 14:48:38 +0100, David in Normandy
wrote:

Can anyone recommend any varieties of really small sweet tomatoes
suitable for growing in hanging baskets?

I've just set some seeds that I thought were suitable "Sweet Baby" as
the seed packet describes them as small and sweet but the packet didn't
mention where they are to be grown. A little web search tells me they
grow 3 to 5 feet high! Not at all suitable for hanging baskets.

Tumbler are probably the best choice but I have found that unsupported
Gardeners Delight to be OK in baskets.

I've heard that Pixie work, as well, but I'd never recommend them for flavour.

--
Rusty