Old 14-03-2009, 10:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
D. Arlington[_2_] D. Arlington[_2_] is offline

Default Zone 6 - what are you doing?

"MissBliss" wrote in message
I'm in update NY and we are being blessed with some mildish weather
these days, tho its the dampness and rain put a chill in the air.
Despite that, I'm jonesing to get outside!

Is anyone else in my situation? anyone actually braving the weather
and getting out there anyway? what kind of things are you doing?

I'm in zone 6. We tilled under several inches of partly composted small
twigs, chippings, grass mowings and last falls leaves along with a 10-10-10
fertilizer. It's been too wet ever since to plant the peas and cool weather
crop. But no hurry for us, it's still early.

I've been eyeing an overgrown patch of periwinkle and weeds that was
threatening to take over the world last summer. I was thinking with
the ground wet, it might be a good time to hack away at it....

Anyone else?

Without something like Round-Up to kill it off first, I can't see how you
can get rid of that stuff. Oh, maybe a flame thrower......... :-)

MissBliss