Old 15-03-2009, 05:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Zone 6 - what are you doing?

In article
,
June wrote:

I started a lot of tomato seeds and only 4 came up
so I planted some more. None of my pepper seeds came up.Is anyone else
finding that seeds in the last year or two have a low sprouting rate?

I started germination of last years tomato, pepper, cucumber, summer
squash, and peas a week ago. So far the only seeds not to germinate are
the habaneros, and carmello tomatoes. I'll leave in incubator until next
week end, when I'll rotate out the most successful plants and replace
with new seeds to germinate.

I did have some left over root seeds (beets, parsnips, and carrots), and
lettuce seeds from the last several years, which I flung into the
appropriate beds. Afterwards, I threw in some compost to lightly cover
them. If they grow, great. If they don't grow, no loss.
--

Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being is