Old 15-03-2009, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Brown Kate Brown is offline

Default Poor light shrubs

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, Parkaboy wrote

I've got a raised area next to a wall at the back of my garden that
hardly gets any sun. I have no idea what to do with it but I'm thinking
about planting some shrubs that don't mind poor light. Does anyone have
any ideas or know what shrubs / plants do well in low light?

I am a rank newbie myself, but we have a bed a bit like that, and there
hydrangeas do spectacularly well - we've got some lacy white ones that
just glow in the shade, and some with pale pink flowerheads and dark red
stems that are also interesting in winter. Have forgotten the names,
but can find out if nec.

--
Kate B

PS 'elvira' is spamtrapped - please reply to 'elviraspam' at cockaigne dot org dot uk if you
want to reply personally