Old 16-03-2009, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
moghouse moghouse is offline

Default Do Cats Get the Message

On Mar 16, 8:52*am, "TheScullster" wrote:

Not interested in replies from cat lovers unless they solve the problem of
cats cr@pping in my veg patch.

A rather sad comment! I know spring has really arrived as one of my
cats came in this morning with his first rabbit of the season.
(Wouldn't Mr McGregor be pleased!) Likewise I have not seen a rat or
mole (other than dead ones ) in my garden for some years. Is it really
beyond your wit to keep a cat off your seed bed or whatever you claim
they do? I have no trouble from either my cats or the neighbours'
animals. Let me assure you as an expert in cat psychology of over 60
years standing, a cat will not be put off by a bit of water spray or a
tossed clod of mud, it will only make him more wary of you. The cat's
belief is that he owns the world (including your garden and anywhere
else he wants to roam) - and I have to tell you he's right, so learn
to live with it, accept the benefits and learn to cope with the
disadvantages, if any.