Old 16-03-2009, 04:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
jimmy[_2_] jimmy[_2_] is offline

Default Praying Mantis

Years ago when my one son was a teenager he became very interested in
insects. One year he found a mantis and made a terrarium for it..The mantix
flourished better there than outdoors, they are amazing creatures. Nothing
place in the tank with them had any chance of surviving, their strike is as
fast or faster than that of a snake trying to get its prey. They just take
it out of the air and start eating whatever they have alive...crunch
crunch...I am sure they do damage to bees, however they can eat all the
flies they want as far as I'm concerned..kept it for a while, fattened it up
and let it go..quite an experience..
"KingFish" wrote in message

"bushite" wrote in message
Anyone here ever raise parying mantis'? I'm thinking of getting some egg
pods and raising them for natural insect control.

get some chickens