Old 16-03-2009, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Poor light shrubs

Kevin wrote
I've got a raised area next to a wall at the back of my garden that
hardly gets any sun. I have no idea what to do with it but I'm thinking
about planting some shrubs that don't mind poor light. Does anyone have
any ideas or know what shrubs / plants do well in low light?

Shrubs for shade... (mostly from Readers Digest Ency of garden plants and
flowers.)

Aucuba.
Camellia.
x Fatshedera.
Fothergilla.
Hypericum.
Mahonia.
Rhododendron.
Ruscus.
Stuartia.
Symphoricarpos.
Vaccinium.

You say poor light but is it open aspect just no sun?
If so most plants will grow, just avoid those that crave sun.

I have a much longer list of Perennials for shade.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden