Old 16-03-2009, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Lotty update

You may recall (or not) how it looked originally.....
http://www.blackberrymoon.co.uk/plot2/plot2
Here it is this afternoon.....
http://www.blackberrymoon.co.uk/plot3/plot3

A few weeks back, with the plot under water, I was resigned to not planting
this year. However, I'll get some tattys in soon, and whatever else I can
clear space for.
The flooding appears to be because we are at a natural low point in the
area, and with the wet winter, the water table just rose to ground level.
You can see scaffold poles in the pics....I pulled one up yesterday, and the
hole filled with water to about 6" below the surface. Neighbour tried
digging a drainage trench, but that won't work. Just have to make the most
of it.
WANTED......... 7'x5' shed, 1.0 -1.5 KVA generator, rotovator..........all
cheap......... anyone? LOL

Cleared some tiny patches in my garden Sunday, and put in a first sowing of
peas. Gonna do some tattys in bags (thanks Val) and maybe some runners.
Sometimes think I should have had a career in gardening......just love it!

--
Pete C
London UK