Old 17-03-2009, 04:56 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
GreenXenon GreenXenon is offline

Default Can fresh green coca paste/juice be used as a topical anesthetic?

Hi:

Let's say some fresh green coca leaves are ground into a fine paste.
Can this fresh paste be used as a topical anesthetic [i.e numb the
local skin and rubbing the coca paste on it]? Will it cause totally
numb the skin in the area where it is applied?

What effects other than numbness would result? Tingling?

Also, could fresh green coca juice [obtained by crushing the leaves
into a liquid and filtering out the insoluble solids -- such as
cellulose] be used to mitigate the annoying affects of allergies?
There are times of the year when my nasal allergies are very
irritating, it feels like a little monster is tickling it. If I can
spray the fresh green coca juice into my nostrils, I think this would
help decrease the itching/tickling and prevent me from sneezing.
Right?

Thanks