Old 17-03-2009, 11:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Overseeding with Bermuda?

"skubler" wrote in message

I live in Myrtle Beach. The centipede is just not grass to us, more
like a weed. My husband selected the Bermuda, it is what we had up
north and we liked it.

--
skubler

Since you're in S. Carolina, I suspect Bermuda would be successful there.
Rain has been marginal there however. Centipede is a China import. It is
pretty much a weed in that it can grow just about any place barring
sustained low temperatures. Quick to go dormant due to lack of water.
Bermuda.has similar characteristics except it wasn't imported from the other
side of the world. So, I don't see a basis for switching to another grass.
--
Dave
Confront and fight Obama zombieism