Old 17-03-2009, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia Ophelia is offline

Default Do Cats Get the Message

Aries wrote:
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 08:52:30 -0000, TheScullster wrote:
I don't know if this will help you at all but we have two cats and
the only way I've found to keep them off of my veg plot is to have
raised beds for which my hubby has made simple rectangular wooden
frames covered in chicken wire to fit each one which protects the
seeds and growing seedlings. As the plants grow of course I can
raise them up higher on brick and when there isn't enough tempting
soil to attract the cats I remove the frames.

Sounds a lot of trouble to go to but it isn't really, not if you want
to protect your plants. These frames also protect my newly sown
seeds from squirrels and birds as before I had them either or both
would scratch up the seeds for a free feed at my expense !

At the risk of repeating myself... thank you saved