Old 17-03-2009, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Do Cats Get the Message

"Martin" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:08:53 -0000, "Jeff Layman"

wrote:

Martin wrote:
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:57:58 -0000, "Jeff Layman"

Oh yes - I was amazed when conc hydrochloric acid ("Spirits of salt")
reappeared after many years of absence, and absolutely dumbfounded when
conc sulphuric acid appeared as a drain unblocker. I expect this was
an
EC ruling.

EU/1911225/af/en Directive for the unblocking of British drains using
imported premium lager that the locals refuse to drink.

LOL!

The makers of a drain cleaner that reaches parts that others can't is
launching a cider named Charli in UK this summer.

http://www.brandrepublic.com/News/73...-Charli-cider/

but will it kill aphids too?

Surely the real test of drinkability is whether, when you put it in a slug
trap, the slugs happily climb in or give it a wide berth :-}

--
Kathy
Who uses cheap bitter in her slug traps.