Old 17-03-2009, 04:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Tender cauliflower plant broken

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 08:57:13 -0700 (PDT), gar_newbie
wrote:

Hi,

I started Burpee’s cauliflower seeds indoor on 21st February, 2009 in
peat moss strips with the soil less media (50% peat moss + 50%
vermiculite). I kept them in 68 F next to my window. The germination
took place in 4 days. During the last 4 weeks it grown up to 3 to 4
inches height with only 2 small leaves and yesterday it just broken
down half-way & died. The stem was hair thin and that caused the
plant to brake, I believe.

What is wrong with my indoor setup? I took care of it really well.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ganesh

Zip: 45040, Ohio
USDA Plant Hardiness Zone: 6

Maybe "damping off?" There are a number of other things you can do,
but direct sunlight plus good air circulation does wonders in
preventing fungus.